Friday, April 20, 2007

growing




I’ve taken a break for the last few months due to a variety of rather enormous life changes such as moving to Seattle, my dad passing away, my mom having knee replacement surgery, grad school starting up again, and spending most of January packing and most of February on a plane. But now that things are hopefully settling down I’ve had some time to organize and think.

I’ve finally got myself on a schedule, as 45 year-old housewife as it sounds, I have. And with that comes a realization of the things I’ve let fall to the side in the last 3 months. These things include calling my grandparents, sending postcards out like crazy to my friends, spending time at coffee shops, reading magazines, taking baths, carrying my camera on me at all times in hopes of finding that perfect – not so perfect picture, and lastly keeping up with music.

So I’m taking a proactive approach, and I’m starting or trying to start doing these things again. I guess it’s part of growing up or just me getting busy, but somewhere between responsibility and more responsibility, all the little things, the things that make life meaningful get lost in between.

One of the things I miss the most but can’t seem to get together is journaling. And perhaps this is where the blog comes in. Journaling is a time log of everything that has happened and an honest look at the situations and emotions that have occurred over the years. And when reading in retrospect, you can see how you have grown and changed as a person, in life, life experience, and in thinking.

God knows I don’t have time to journal at home. Between A’s baseball and grad school it’s not happening. But what I have realized is that between work and more work I have some free time to sit down, brose the internet, and think. And this is what a blogs are good for, a journal while I’m working, an alternate solution to track my life, my growth, my growing.

So as the spring and summer moves in, here’s to sending more postcards, taking more photos, my first trip to NYC, taking more baths, drinking more coffee, and trying to keep this thing up and running.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home