Monday, August 21, 2006

a life worth living

I spent an hour or so at work today filling out these goal sheets they give us. Let me preface this by saying, I work with awesome people that have their heads on straight. Though sometimes they sound like a self help book, I believe that as people they strive to be the best by constantly evaluating their lives, finding the features and flaws, and working to use them both positively.

With that said, part of the new employee packet is a goal form. Within this form there are 6 sections to evaluate your life in. You do a now and a year out estimation. It’s good to look at things when you have stepped back from the moment and that is kind of what this allows you to do -write it all down and then look at it as a whole.

I’m not going to bore you with reiterating everything I’ve written down. But I will let you in on some of my goals for the next year or so.

Meaningful Goals:
Find the time to breathe. Not just live, but be a live with much emotion, feeling, fear, and excitement.

Personal Goals:
Eat salads often. Less ice cream and more frozen yogurt. I have a dreaded 3 lbs that I have been making foolish attempts to lose and failing at. I just want the three lbs to go.

Fun Goals:
Travel more. Take weekend trips down the coast, see LA, visit Seattle, shop in San Francisco.

There are a lot more “personal” goals to say the least. But I find these to be the most exciting. The possibility of seeing and doing. And in the process, I will change because of my many experiences.

I start grad school in 3 weeks. The fear of living like I am 35 at 22 sounds horrible. And though I have defiantly started to settle into a lifestyle and a way of living, I still want to live.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home