Thursday, June 14, 2007

ready, set, go.



When my one-month break from school set in I had set some goals to accomplish during my short time of freedom. All those things I had pushed aside due to school, these were the things I wanted to do while out of school. With one week left before school starts again, I went back and looked over those things to see if I had accomplished them.

Read a book, send out postcards, take baths, read magazines, put the backlog of cds on my ipod, go to the coffee shop, clean my apartment, and walk my dog.

At this point, I have to say I’m disappointed in myself, I have about a 50% pass rate. Initially I went to the magazine store 3 times in the first two weeks, I have sent out about 6 postcards, taken maybe 10 baths, and gone once after work to a coffee shop. I have however, read ½ a book, cleaned my apartment, and put the cds on my ipod. I also was in New York for ½ a week last week, which made my 4 weeks of freedom more like 3.

It’s been hard not to just sit and watch tv. With MLB extra innings and the Oakland A’ being on tv almost every day, I have spent too much time sitting in front of the tv and sleeping.

But still, there are things I want to do in this last week of freedom. I want to finished my Don DeLillo book, I want to go to the magazine store one more time, I want to take at least 4 more baths this week, and I want to walk my dog if it isn’t raining and go to the coffee shop in the evening.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

relaxation is good, too, darling. take care of YOU, however works best.

5:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home